The middle years are grades vi – viii….the transition phase, when a student passes through a critical period of physical, mental and emotional change, from childhood to adolescence. At suncity school,we understand this balance and realise the need to stay alert and focused to make it a learning phase, specially for the emotional equilibrium which will sustain them for life.
We design classroom presentations to meet the students’ needs and abilities. The Middle Years Faculty works with students individually. Teachers plan, evaluate and assign lessons; prepare, administer, and grade tests.
Objectives of the Middle Years Faculty:
- To offer a solid base in the academic areas to cater to the varying needs of students and prepare them for high school
- To offer students the opportunity to explore a wide range of different disciplines
- To provide a platform to the students to develop their leadership traits, sense of responsibility and decision -making ability
- To provide opportunities for students to participate in extra-curricular activities such as drama, debate, athletics with emphasis on participation rather than competition
- To enable students to learn and integrate technology and its application to other subjects