Comprehensive Health And Motivation Programme for Students - C.H.A.M.P.S. Some of the finest experts from the fieldsof Pediatrics, Nutrition, E.N.T., Dentistry, etc. have come together to prepare this comprehensive programme that takes care of all round health of the child.
The importance of health in a child’s overall growth and development cannot be over-emphasized. To excel in today’s highly competitive environment, we need our children to be healthy and happy to perform to their potential.
Unfortunately, over the past couple of decades, non-infectious diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, etc. have seen a dramatic rise among children and these lifestyle related conditions are taking a heavy toll on their overall health and long term productivity.
Several studies have shown that nearly 1/3rd of Indian school children are obese; the rates of high blood pressure among school children in India are among the highest in the world and several nutritional deficiencies like Anaemia are prevalent in very high proportion of school going children.
Studies have also shown that there is a direct link between a child’s health and his/her academic performance. There is reduced school absenteeism, better participation in sports and overall better academic grades. It has been established now by several scientific studies that the foundation of most chronic diseases and their complications is laid down during childhood. Early identification of these risk factors and taking sustained effective action can prevent development of several diseases and reduce long-term complications.
At Suncity School, we strive to do the best for your child. The emphasis is always on all round development. In order to address the important aspects of health and behaviour change, we have collaborated with HEALTHUZIASTIC to roll out a
Comprehensive Health Programme.
The key features of C.H.A.M.P.S. include:
- A comprehensive general physical assessment by experienced doctors twice a year.
- Creation of an Electronic Health Record (E.H.R.) for a child that can be accessed anywhere, anytime on the internet.
- The E.H.R. is a single repository of all the data from health check-ups, which allowsa parent to follow key parameters of their child’s health over time.
- On designated PTM days, the experts from Healthuziastic are available in the school to discuss a ward’s report and other health related issues with parents.
- SMS/Email reminders for vaccinations
- An online discussion board that will allow one to post queries related to ones child’s health, which will be answered by Healthuziastic’s medical experts from various fields.