The formative years of children determine the kind of person they grow up to be. During these crucial years, each child needs individual attention and conviction that he /she is important. We believe that each child is gifted with a unique set of strengths and challenges, therefore, teachers strive to provide opportunities for all children to cultivate their strengths especially in areas of difficulty.
Teachers at Suncity School, employ methods that children find inspirational, engaging and valuable keeping their psycho- motor skills, gross motor skills and one-to-one correspondence in mind. The school consciously aims for each student to develop skilled perspective and creative expression through daily experiences in art and music. The Elementary Years Programme revolves around the child’s need to navigate from the known to unknown and reach the core understanding of facts.
The Initial Years Faculty/ Elementary Years Faculty constantly strives to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide opportunities to develop fine and gross motor skills
- To inculcate in children social grace and courtesy
- To enhance in them general awareness and realise their responsibility
- To develop each one of them holistically through the philosophy of multiple intelligence
- To expose them to reading, writing and logical thinking
- To constantly encourage in them enquiry and exploration
- To provide opportunity for self-expression, public speaking and stage performance
- To develop a hands-on, fun approach to learning which will help children retain knowledge